Friday, March 15, 2013

This is what happens when a geek...

...decides to combine probably too many favorite things EVER into one manicure. 

I couldn't help it. 

My pretty, pretty Black Cat Design polishes came on the same day as my pretty, pretty Ruby White Tips polish!

How was I supposed to pick just ONE evil idea when I got Welcome to Portlandia polishes, and Kill Bill polishes and TON polish all on ONE day?

So, ha.  I used a lot of evil, evil ideas.

Scrangie did it first, and probably way better than mine.  But I'm a glitter worshipper, so I had to bust out the glitter.

BCD's Bloody Kisses is taking the role of the black here.  Yes, black with red glitter, but I don't care, I like it.  It's also filling my TON role.  It's a black jelly with a whole freaking bunch of red glitters, including some into the purples and everything.  It's awesome.  I love it with all of my filthy, black heart.  It's slightly thick, but it did put a LOT of glitter down, I just had to pat it around some to spread it across the entire nail. 

RWT's Exploding Heart from her Kill Bill collection is taking the red role.  Clear base with itty bitty red glitter and nothing else.  If Bloody Kisses has a bunch of red glitters, this sucker has twice as much.  This may be stealing my red polish role.

I'm still using Nail Pattern Boldness Glitter Food as a base.  I'm liking it so far, it helps anything that's streaky to behave a bit more so I can get by with fewer coats usually.  I'm not sure how long it lasts, as I tend to change polish pretty often.  Underroos for BCD is LynB Design's Quoth The Raven, a pretty standard black until it dries, then it has a slightly rubbery look, very similar to dry GF without a glossy topper.  I like it so far, but I think I'm keeping it for just black manis, since the fun doesn't show with the glitter fest topper.  Underroos for RWT is a random silver I have, no name on the bottle.  It's sheer mostly.  I suspect with two coats of Exploding Heart, I wouldn't need underroos.


One coat of GF, one coat of underroos, one coat of Bloody Kisses and yes, ONE coat of Exploding Heart.  THAT much glitter is from ONE coat.  It's awesome. 


Yes, THAT much glitter.  Me loves!


Bloody Kisses is a starving glitter, it took two coats of GF to make it happy.  But that's quite alright.  I'm trying Sally Hansen's Insta-Dry for a top coat, it seems to be working nicely with GF. 

*disclaimer - I bought these polishes.  Review is my opinion and based on my experience.*

Adding some info here since I'm getting hits off Facebook and not everyone knows my geeky side there - TON is Type O Negative.  The Rammstein/Emigrate comment from the post before this one is with the linked post by Scrangie, RZK plays guitar in Rammstein and founded Emigrate.  I'm really hoping I don't have to explain Kill Bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment